Friday, October 22, 2010

Relax, Chill Time Increases Productivity

When you are brain dead try this - Chris

What a great list of the things we already know we should do. When we feel "brain dead" we should definitely try at least one of these - and not just push through and get it all done - we have all been in this place and we know the work is not exactly its peak anyhow, so hey, cut ourselves some slack.

I would love to be able to take this one step further. Every afternoon somewhere between 2 and 4 - this happens. I think if we can't institute siestas, we should at least be able to take a 20 minute break to do any of the above - eat, nap, pray, walk around the block... whatever re-energizes us to come back and accomplish the balance of the day with success. 

Next week - this will be my new goal - to take this time and then - maximize productivity when I am ready to re-engage.

Don't tell my boss...

No comments:

Post a Comment