Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Team Talent

I only want people around me who can do the impossible.” - Elizabeth Arden
I read this today and just could not decide if on my team I want people who challenge what we do and continually raise the bar, or if I really want people who can do the impossible.
What does impossible mean?  Many of the programs, events and trade shows produced in our industry are like running marathons, with hills, curves, long hard runs and mental, physical and sometimes even emotional challenges to overcome as we run with and ahead of our clients, anticipating, planning, preparing, training and then finally, side by side, going to the finish - and doing what may seem impossible. In our case it is ensuring that thousands and thousands of people every year leave Western Canada educated, engaged, informed and inspired about where they have been, what they have experienced and having increased loyalty to our organizations and associations.
If this is my criteria, then it does seem like it may have its challenges, and maybe I do want people around me who can do the impossible!

No comments:

Post a Comment